Our new outreach website, Autism Reading Room, will be publicly released on April 15, 2012.
Designed to enhance public understanding of autism research, Autism Reading Room is explains scientific advances in autism to a general audience. Its mission is to assist affected families in understanding their diagnosis, introduce the field of autism research to clinicians and practitioners, and promote public understanding of brain development.
- Risk Factors: comprehensive summary of genetic and environmental factors
- Diagnosis: compilation of all current tests and strategies
- Brain Biology: overview of brain development
- Advances: latest scientific developments in autism treatment
- Trends: exploration of current and historical trends in autism research
- News in Context: guide to autism news stories
- Misconceptions: the facts about autism
- Autism Quiz (also freely available as an App for iPhone or iPad)
- Autism Dictionary
- Written by scientific experts
- Integration with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, RSS, Google Plus
- Automatic translation into 15 different languages
- Language targeted for general audience