Careers > Job Openings
MindSpec seeks an experienced software engineer with strong knowledge of C++, Java, Ruby, Python, or other modern programming languages and associated web application frameworks. We need someone to work with our team to develop dynamic solutions to the problem of managing and presenting large, complex scientific data sets.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have excellent software development skills.
- Must have Database experience.
- Must have a keen understanding of the process of software development.
- Must have web development experience.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must be willing to multitask and be very self-directed.
- Must have at least some system administration skills.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Ruby web development
- Interest or experience in neuroscience
- Knowledge of user experience testing and design
- Experience with revision/source control
This is a salaried position, with full benefits. Compensation will be set DOE.
How to Apply: Please send portfolio and resume to email@example.com.
Part-Time Bioinformatics Annotators
Animal Models, Brain Imaging
Two part-time bioinformatics annotation position are available at MindSpec (http://www.mindspec.org), a nonprofit research organization researching molecular causes of neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism. MindSpec created the first genetic database for autism (AutDB), which is licensed to the Simons Foundation as SFARI Gene. We are currently developing additional interactive database modules for AutDB, and annotators will be responsible for their curation by extracting data from scientific literature.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals interested in working in a multi-disciplinary team. Responsibilities include annotation of disease-related information for data mining and visualization. The position offers an opportunity to work in the rapidly evolving area of multi-factorial disease biology in a flexible, dynamic research environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
The applicant must have an M.S. degree or higher in Bioinformatics/Molecular Biology/Neurobiology or related field. Applications must display a strong knowledge of genetics and disease biology, as well as familiarity with animal models of disease, neuroanatomy, and/or neuroimaging techniques. Applicants should also have excellent written and oral communication skills, display good ability to work with others, and the ability to conduct assignments on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.